Thursday, September 23, 2010

My Gown

That's right... My Gown... it has taken on personalized capitalization status.

I've been messaging back and forth with the dressmaker. This is making me soooo excited! I have to have My Gown! Now that I've been seriously thinking of having a wedding, I have been doing a ton of research and I think we could really do this!

As far as the dress, this is what I have found out: I can make payments on it and I don't have to be in any hurry about it, once the payments hit the halfway purchase amount she will begin making it. It will take between 3-4 months to create. I'll need to find a seamstress to take my measurements and once I have them I send them to her. Once I make my first payment, I can get sample swatches of the pink colors I am considering for free. I can also get the little bit of customization done. What I'm thinking of is little spaghetti-type straps because I don't know if I'd be comfortable in strapless.

The dressmaker, Karen, is amazing! She always responds promptly, answers my questions, and is incredibly nice! Her feedback is all positive, so that makes me feel even better about actually purchasing from her.

Now my only dilemma is this.... Do I show the picture of My Gown to my man? Part of me wants to keep it as a complete surprise because I would love to see the look on his face the moment he would first see me coming down the aisle. But... the other part of me wants to show it to him soooooooooooo bad! I know he would love it and I think if he imagines me in it it would make the idea of the wedding that much more realistic for him. I wouldn't show him what it looked like on me, just the picture of how it is now. I don't know though. I've been searching the internet for people's thoughts on this... is it bad luck? Is it an acceptable practice? I just don't know. But honestly, knowing me, I won't be able to hold out and I'll end up showing it to him because I am just so excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment